On the other hand, the brother promises to protect her from all evils throughout her life. In addition, he surprises her with a present or shagun (an auspicious money token). Again, if the distance doesn’t allow the sister to receive the present, the brother sends the Rakhi gift for sister online. Well, you probably know about these basic traditions already. But there’s more the occasion that you presumably are not familiar with.
Why Do We Celebrate Raksha Bandhan?
Shri Krishna and Draupadi
Goddess Lakshmi and King Bali
Rani Karnawati and Emperor Humayun
Shubh, Labh, and Santoshi Maa
Yama and Yamuna
Roxanna and King Porus
Raksha Bandhan Significance
Raksha Bandhan Rituals
- Take a shower early in the morning and wear clean clothes, preferably new.
- Take proper care of hygiene and cleanliness as Rakhi is a sacred festival.
- Prepare and decorate the Rakhi thali with Roli, Sandalwood, Akshat, Dahi, Rakhi, sweets, and diya.
- Before tying rakhi to your brother, tie the thread to a deity and seek blessings.
- According to vastu, the brother should face the east or north direction while performing the rituals
- Both brother and sister should cover their head with a scarf or a handkerchief.
- Now, Apply tilak on your brother’s forehead and do the Aarti.
- Tie the rakhi on the right wrist of your brother as it is considered auspicious in Hindi culture
- Offer sweets to your brother and wish him a healthy and prosperous life.
- At last, exchange gifts and take the blessings of your elders.